How to connect IKEA TRÅDFRI smart controls to a Philips Hue bridge?

Hello

I followed all the steps and it seemed ok. The problem is that after searching for the lights and finding them, the light is added an controlable in app but the ikea remote control doesn’t work anymore. It loses pairing.

I tried multiple times but the same…

I want to be able to control the lightsat the same time with the app and the physical ikea remote controller, otherwise the premium I pade is useless.
Any thougts?

Devices I’m using:

• Philips HueBridge 2.0 (latest update)
  • Ikea Tradfri Driver for wireless control, 10 W
  • Ikea Tradfri Remote Control
  • Ikea Omlopp led strips
2 Likes

Hi, first post!

Bought premium, so should have the means to do this.

Ikea motion sensor connects to the Hue hub with the light pattern showed in your videos, my issue seems to be that I don’t get the bulb connected back to the hub with “search” function, if I do touch link it comes back but then I lose the sensor connection.

Question is if it is because I have to use touch link, or it has to do with the connection of the sensor to the bridge?

Thanks For this process to perform the pairing for Ikea lighting and smart control TRADFRI. Unfortunatly the first smart control pairing worked well but when i Wanted to indroduce a second smart control in the system it removed all configuration of the first one.
Do you confirm There is limitation for smart control Ikea with Hue bridge and Hue essential application? Thanks in advance for any advice.

After many attempts I managed to pair a Tradfri remote with Tradfri and Hue bulbs while keeping the bulb on the same Zigbee network than the bridge.
Oddly through, the light status doesn’t seem to be sync’ed.
For example, if I switch the lights on with the Ikea remote, the lights are shown off on the app. And if I switch them on then off from the app, the lights go off. Have you ever noticed status sync issues ?

I can confirm the same issue here. On/off with IKEA remote works for group of lights, but status is not synced in Hue app.

This solution didn’t work for me. The on/off and dimming buttons are working, but no luck with left/right scene selection. BTW, I have INNR light bulbs, which are officially compatible with HUE. Hub I’m using is a standard (modern) Hue bridge.

I don’t get this part. I followed the youtube explainer to pair through touchlink and then with multiple lamps, that part works. However, I don’t see the remote in neither the Hue or Hue Essentials app. Where is this mentioned wizzard to set up all buttons on Tradfri remote? It’s not mentioned in any Hue Essentials tutorial video.

Hello @jva, the topic you replied to is about the deCONZ gateway, so I moved your post to the Philips Hue topic about the IKEA smart controls.

Third party smart controls are not visible in the app when connected to a Hue bridge, so you cannot configure anything. There is no wizard.

What you could try is removing the battery for 10 seconds and after reinserting it check if the left/right buttons work. If that does not work, there is unfortunately not much we can do about that. Maybe someone else here has a solution for the left/right buttons not working.

I have an older set that I was able to integrate as shown in the video. The switch has a round soft button on the back and has “TYPE: E1524” on the side and the lamp has firmware V1.04.12. I was able to get it connected as documented.

I bought another set a few days ago. The switch is an integrated plastic part but gives good feedback when pressed. It has “TYPE: 1810” on the side. The lamp has firmware V2.0.022. When I reset the switch it starts showing a glowing LED in front after a few seconds and that lasts around a minute. I tried to pair it with the HUE bridge with the glowing light or after, then paired it with the lamp. The bridge was either then able to find the lamp but then the switch wasn’t working any longer or the lamp wasn’t detected.

Hi there,

I could connect the IKEA controller just fine and the controller works too. But when I add the bulb (the app confirms it has found the light) the controller stops to work.

So it’s either the app which is able to control the light or the controller but doesn’t works with both of them. Tried it several times by following the YouTube video and the instructions here. Timing and order is correct.

Yeah I’m having the same problem with a couple of the lights, it’s working fine on one setup i have but no luck on the rest.

A post was split to a new topic: How to connect IKEA TRÅDFRI signal repeater to a Philips Hue bridge?

Same here newest Firmware on Control and Bulbs.
Is there any solution?

Hello same problem. I tryed a lot of times.
When tradifi control is reseted i follow all the tutorial and the aplication found mi lights i can swich on and off from application . But doesnt work any more from the remote control.
If i pair the remote control again with the light, the light can not be controled from app anymore.
So i need to chose. From the app or from the remote control can not use both.
Any solution???

Did you found any solution? I have same problem!

Help and advice by the App creator is needed I think. Sadly they doesn’t seem toncare about paying customers

Hello everyone, thanks for all the feedback.

If you are unable to get both the smart control and light working, please send an email to support@hueessentials.com with a video of how you are connecting them. Please make sure that all steps are visible in the video and also the smart control LED can be seen. When we have received your video, we can take a look at what goes wrong in your situation and we can clarify the instructions more.

I send the video.
Please check it, it is 400mb of video.
Thx a lot.

1 Like

Same, video 19MB shrinked it with whatsapp before

1 Like

Any news about the videos send?

I think my idea with firmware problems was correct.
No matter if the remote or the square switch. Bith have same issues