Phillips Hue Bluetooth cannot be found when searching on Android TV (NVIDIA Shield Pro 2019)

When I am searching for my 3 Phillips Hue Bluetooth bulbs on the Android TV version they cannot be found. I do not have a bridge so connection that way is not possible. I have followed the recommended advice (Turning off for 10 seconds) with still no luck, I have tested the app through my android phone and works perfectly but not through the android tv.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Hello Thomas, thanks for the feedback. It should be possible to connect Bluetooth lights although functionality is limited at the moment. We will improve this in the future. Having said that, I will look into your connection issue.

There have been improvements for Hue Bluetooth in the last updates. Please make sure you are using the latest version. You can now also use Bluetooth bulbs for entertainment programs like Sync or Dance Sensation. Please remove your lights from power, wait 10 seconds, and try to connect them in Hue Essentials.

Could you let me know if all works for you now?

My Hue Bluetooth bulbs are on the latest update and they are unable to connect to my Nvidia Shield Pro. Is there anything else I can try?

Could you switch off (remove from power) your Hue bulbs for at least 10 seconds and try again? Please also make sure you are using the latest version of the Hue Essentials app as there were some improvements for Hue Bluetooth, see: Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus not connecting over Bluetooth

Are you able to connect your Hue Bluetooth bulbs to Hue Essentials on your phone?

I have switched off the power for at least 10 seconds more times than I can count. I have tried entering Demo mode and then adding that way as well. I am on the latest version of the app.

I was able to connect the Hue Bluetooth bulbs to the Hue Essentials app on my phone, as well as two other phones.