New Ikea Dirigera bridge support

Hi fellow Hue users,

Ikea has released lately a new bridge called Dirigera and the old Tradfi one is no longer available. I have a Hue bridge and was maybe planning to add a Ikea Bridge and control everything from the Hue Essentials app. Now I was wondering if anybody tried to add the Dirigera bridge to the hue essentials app? Is this supported?

Many thanks!

4 Likes

I do have the same question.
Currently, I am using both HUE bridge and the original Ikea Tradfri bridge, but now I have already purchased the new Dirigera bridge to migrate all Ikea related devices to that new bridge.

Hopefully this bridge can be added to HUE Essentials.

1 Like

Yes! I would love to see support for it as well.
I bought the Dirigera bridge a few days ago, and I’ve tried adding it in the app, but it seems like it only supports Trådfri atm, which is a shame.

The app looks quite awesome honestly, so I would love to get it working with the Dirigera hub. If it’s half as good as it seems, and works well, I’d happily buy the premium version of it.

Any ETA of when support of it might be added would be awesome, since Trådfri can’t be bought anymore and there’s basically only legacy support for Ikea bridges atm.

1 Like

Hi,

are there any news on this?
Few weeks ago I bought a dirigera at Ikea for being able to update my ikea lights.
Atm they are registered at my hue bridge. I wanted to move them over to dirigera but having two different apps for my light at home is not that good, because I’m also using hue sensors for the Ikea lights.

Will there be support for the dirigera? Are you eventually working on it?

1 Like

Bonjour,
J’ai acheté une Dirigera de chez Ikea.
Je n’arrive pas à la configurer sur l’appli Hue Essentials…
Merci de me dire si une solution technique existe ?
D’avance merci !
Mathieu

Unfortunately still no answer to the question of OP nor the other posters.
The Dirigera hub now is even more important, since several Ikea smart devices are only working with the Dirigera hub and not the Tradfri hub.
If you can give us at least an estimate or a viable answer as to why this is not been or can not be implemented in Hue Essentials, that would have been great.

Thanks in advance!

It’s been almost a year and a half now and still no response.
It’s a shame, especially since ikea trådfri is supported still, even though many products no longer works with it.

I said it over a year ago and I’ll say it again, if there was support for the Dirigera bridge, I would easily buy premium, but that doesn’t seem likely at this point.

1 Like