- Open Hue Essentials and go to Devices, tap the + button, tap Light . You will need this screen later.
- Switch off your IKEA light.
- Switch off/on your light for six times very quickly. The light resets itself to full brightness.
- Switch off your light.
- Tap on Search for lights in Hue Essentials.
- Switch on your light right now.
An alternative method to connect your light is using Touchlink. See the following: How to connect lights using Touchlink in Hue Essentials?
None of the methods work for me
Some older IKEA TRÅDFRI lights need to be updated before they can be connected to a Philips Hue bridge. You need an IKEA gateway for this. Connect your lights to the IKEA gateway and wait for them to update (can take a few hours). Then you can try adding them to your Philips Hue bridge again.