App crashes when trying to connect to Deconz gateway

I have Hue Essentials 1.8.2 on iOS 14.2 and when I try to connect to my Deconz gateway (SW version 2.05.86), the app crashes immediately… it did work until beginning of this year…
Any idea what I could do to be able to control my lights again?

Thanks

Joern

I am sorry to hear about this. What I think is happening is that the deCONZ response is invalid which causes Hue Essentials to crash on app start. Would it be possible for you to share your bridge config?

You can do this by sending a HTTP GET request to the following URL:
<deconzip>/api/<username>/

Where deconzip is the IP address of your deCONZ gateway and username is key you generated using the API. Please send the response to support@hueessentials.com and I will look into it. If it is indeed an incorrect value it should be easy to fix.

If you need more detailed instructions please let me know.

Hi Thomas,

I’m not even getting far enough to be able to see the API key…
The app crashes immediately after I click on the name of the gateway.

Hi Joern, sorry for the delay. I have been very busy. Could you send a GET request to <deconzip>/api/config, please? You do not need an API key for that. Please share the response.

Could you share your crash identifier? First please make sure that the app crashes. After that, in the screenshot you sent, tap the advanced button at the bottom and you can connect a demo bridge. Then you can get the crash identifier using these steps: Crash identifier. To remove the demo bridge afterwards, just close the app from your recent apps screen.

Hi, I have the same issue with deconz and current version of Hue Essentials on my iPhone.

I have send you my api/config and the crash identifier via Email.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @stepman. Your issue has been fixed in the latest version of Hue Essentials.

If the app still crashes for anyone else with deCONZ, please let me know.