Widget - Single lamps

Hi,

Recently got started with the Hue Lights and your app, and was wondering about some additional functionality/QoL stuff regarding widgets.

Is there any chance that you’d consider adding the option to control single lamps directly with the small widget? I’m aware that you can do it by making single lamp groups, but if possible I’d rather avoid the extra clutter.
Would be neat with the option to exclude the widget name on the home screen as well, I’m making a floor plan home screen mirroring lamp placements in my apartment and would like to keep it as clean as possible. Simply using spaces as the name works, but there’s a semi transparent black bar where the name would be, and I’m picky with such things. :slight_smile:

Cheers in advance!

Hello, thanks for the feedback. Controlling single lights is on the wish list for future development. I will also look into removing the text.

For now, to control a single light, you could create a group with only one light in it. Then use that group for the widget. After that you can hide the group from the Home screen in Hue Essentials: open a group, tap the three dots at the top, and tap Hide.