Use light sensor of hue motion sensor to wait for light

I would like to use the motion sensors of the hue system in a very slightly different way.
I would like to use the build in light sensor to activate the lights when light hits it. So the other way around as it does normally.

When light hits it (light is above a certain value):
Turn ON the lights or change scene

When in the dark (light is under a certain value):
Turn OFF the lights immediately or with a set delay
Or go back to previous settings

In this way you could use de sensor in dark rooms behind doors. For example a pantry, drawer or wardrobe.

I have wardrobe in my bedroom. I would like the lights above to turn on when I open the door. Also with different levels of brightness (or different scenes) depending on the time of day.
Since the lights are on the outside of the wardrobe, they need to turn off immediately upon closing the doors, to prevent them waking up other people in the room.

Interesting feature request. This is not possible at the moment in Hue Essentials, but can be added in a future update. I think a toggle for the daylight sensitivity to invert the values would work. It is on the wish list for future development.

Of course, this could be confusing because turning on lights will light up the room. So it is important, like you mentioned, that the lights are not in the same area as the motion sensor.

If did something similar with IKEA lightstrips in storage cabinets and one wardrobe. A few models have a IR system to detect an open door near the strip (< 10 cm). The one I used can be dimmed slightly with the current TRÅDFRI (Hue compatible) power unit.