Turns on at wrong time

I set up an automation for hue essentials to turn on the lights in the morning. It does it, but it does it like an hour+ later, after the time designed.

Interesting enough, the lights turned on and went through the entire programmed sequence even though the phone was no longer connected to the same wifi anymore.

What happened is:
Program starts at 6 (phone connected to wifi1 with bridge)
At around 7:20 lights turn on and go through entire program (at this time phone is connected to different wifi)

Any idea how to fix this?

I assume you are using the automations feature within Hue Essentials (automations tab).

Please check whether your time zone is configured correctly:

1. Open Hue Essentials
  2. Go to the Devices tab
  3. Select your bridge
  4. Tap Time zone
  5. Check and configure your time zone
  6. Try the automation again

If this does not resolve the issue, please share a screenshot of your automation.

By the way, automations for a bridge are saved on the bridge itself and will work without your phone active.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Time zone is right, same as the phone.

Here are the screenshots:

(random time for a test… it didn’t go off)

Funny thing is, that it did work at first, at the right time. I don’t know why it stopped.

Ok, thanks for the details. Could you please remove the scene action and use a simple “toggle group” action which just switches on the group instead? This is to exclude the scene being the issue.

I have no idea yet how this could be going wrong if the time zone is correct, it should just work.