Smart Button multiple button presses and conditions

Great app so far, I tried all the others too, but this one is by far the best!

I already searched the internet/forum for my issue, but I havent found anything related. I dont know if this is a missing feature or a bug, so here’s what I want to achieve:

I have a Hue Smart Button in my bedroom. This button should toggle three different scenes, according to the current time. From 8:00 - 21:00 the scene “bright” should be toggled if pressed. Between 21:00 and 0:00 the scene “dimmed” and between 0:00 and 8:00 the scene “night”. Thats working correctly if I use the trigger type “Press” and the “Multile presses: Always”.

Now additionally to that I want to add another action to this button, to activate a “reading” scene if I press the button twice. If I add a new action that enables the scene “reading” for the “Multile presses: second press”, then it always toggles the scenes from “Multile presses: Always”. That makes sense so far. So I switched “Multile presses” for my first mentioned conditional actions to “first button press”. But as soon as I do this, the problems starts. Looks like I can only have ONE action per button for every “Multile presses” (except for “Always”). So I cant create multiple “First press” actions for a button.

Is this a bug? Or is this intentionally?

I hope someone can answer this question, and if this is a bug, it would be awesome to see a fix for that in the near future!

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. This is a bug and I hope to fix it soon. As a workaround, you can add multiple actions to the same automation.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply! That sounds promising.

2 Likes

Hello,
There are any news about this topic?
I m also very interested by this feature.
Thanks for your work.