Routines only when home

So I’ve connected a Hue lightbulb with an indoor motion censor for my hallway.

I’ve set up a routine that makes the lightbulb turn on the night light-scene at sunset (as I like having a light on in the hallway when at home) and light up when the motion censor detechs movement. After one minut the lightbulb goes back to the night light-scene. This works fine.

However, I don’t want the lightbulb to turn on at sunset when I’m not at home. Then, of course, it shouldn’t turn on at all.

I know it is possible to set up a location based routine, which says all lightbulbs should turn off when I leave the house. But what if I leave before sunset? Then it will still turn on, as the sunset-routine triggers after the location base-routine was triggered, right?

Can I solve this somehow? Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

No one who can help or have any suggestions here…?

Hi There

I wonder if someone can help me. I have a Hue Labs automation to switch on some lights if the daylight falls below a specified level (the sensor is a Philips motion sensor). The automation works well but how can I disable the automation when I am away from my home? Obviously, if I am not at home, I don’t need the lights to come on at all. So the desired logic is:

When at home > daylight falls below threshold > switch on light
If not at home > daylight falls below threshold > do nothing

Is this possible and how do I go about setting it up?

Many thanks!
Kind regards
Phill

1 Like

On the wish list for future development.

I’ve been looking for something similar for years. I just want my lights to turn on at sunset if I’m home or stay off at sunset if I’m out. The coming home and going out functions kind of work, but only if you come home after sunset, or go out after sunset. If I’m already home, and sunset comes, the lights don’t come on.

I feel like this is an absolute basic function that should easily by programmable through the hue app. Overall this platform has been very disappointing. So many times I’ve had to reset the entire system from scratch, buy a new bridge, premature failure of lights (with no replacement), etc. Philips is charging alot for these products.