Random Light Schedule / Entertainment

Hi - I think it would be great to have the ability to randomly turn specific lights or groups on and off, on a random pattern between a set time period to simulate movement in the home. The use case is to deter thieves from attempting to enter the home.

I’m aware of the “Random Time” option in the Hue app but this only randomises when the lights come on and then leaves it on. I’d like the ability to say - between 10PM and 2AM, lights to come on and off at random times, multiple times.

Keen to hear your thoughts.

1 Like

Hi, the schedules allow for some random time but that is about it at the moment. I could look into it in the future to create something which allows for some more flexibility.

1 Like

You can now create automations in Hue Essentials with random wait times between the actions. For example, you could create an automation that starts at 10PM. Then add some actions to turn on/off lights or change brightness with some wait actions between them. For the wait actions you can specify a delay with some random offset. Does that resolve your feature request?