Philips Hue Tap Dial Switch - Dim off not working

Currently a very important feature for the Hue Tap Dial Switch is not working.

Behavior of the Hue Tap Dial Switch if configured in the Hue App:
(1) if light is off: when diming up the light with the dial wheel, then the light will turn on.
(2) if light is on: when diming down the light with the dial wheel, then the light will turn off if dimed/faded below the minimum light percentage.

Wrong behaviour if configured with Hue Essentials:
correct: (1) if light is off: when diming up the light with the dial wheel, then the light will turn on.
wrong: (2) if light is on: when diming down the light with the dial wheel, then the light will NOT turn off if dimed/faded below the minimum light percentage, light will stay in the minimum percentage.

But I would like to control the lights only with the dim dial switch for turning on AND off, that is currently impossible with the Hue Essentials configuration, but it is possible with the HUE App.

I’d like to configure the dial switch in the great Hue Essentials App as there are more features for the buttons.

Would it be possible to improve Hue Essentials for the Tap dial switch? I guess, it should only be an additional rule like “turn off if light is in minimum percentage AND still the light is dimed down with the dialer.”, maybe as an option if someone likes the alternative behaviour with not turning off the lights.

3 Likes