Overlapping conditions

Hi,

I’m trying to automaty my light routine with motions sensors in livning room and work area. But it seems that every now and then I get into issues. For instance, I’ve set some no motion conditions for work area like this:

• no motion → wait 60 seconds → everyday → switch off group
  • no motion → wait 300 seconds → weekdays, 15:30-17:30 → switch off group
    i’ve tested it and it did not switch off lights event after 5 minutes

similarly for living room, I have conditions that doesn’t work:

• motion → when light below 7 lux → set group to relax scene
  • motion → between 15:30 - 20:30 → set group to bright scene
    it seems that the second condition on the same group light will not work until no motion will turn the group off, but switching the scene for already switched on lights doesn’t work.

How can I better understand why those conditions work or not? It gets me so frustrated

Any chance someone can help me with it? For the last month I’ve been trying to fix that, but it seems that as long as light is on and motion is discovered, then new automation is not takin over, so let’s say one automation set lights to bright in the evening, scene won’t change to dimmed at night unless conditon for no motions kicks in and de facto resets state.

You you say “i’ve tested it and it did not switch off lights event after 5 minutes”, how are the lights switched on before that? Manually? An action triggered by the motion sensor?

It’s started with this automation
motion → between 15:30 - 20:30 → set group to bright scene

Edit:

But for me the most important are transitions. So I have automation:
motion → between 15:30 - 20:30 → set group to bright scene
motion → between 20:30 - 22:30 → set group to relax scene

but as long as there is constant move from let’s say 19 until 21, relax scene will not get triggered. Only if someone leave the room, then no motion shuts lights off, then someone comes back and relax scene is properly switched on.

So this is my setup. Is there any way to troubleshoot why 20:45-22:30 does not work?

Anyone? It drives me crazy why it’s not doable, but when I press ‘test’ button it works…