Offset sunset/sunrise time individually for each trigger action

Hi, first of all thanks for providing such a great app!

While it’s great that one can offset sunset/sunrise triggers globally (without having to use the 15/30/45 intervals from the original Hue app), it would be even better if such a functionality would be available for individual routines.
I’m triggering a number of lights with a sunset routine but since some rooms become darker more quickly, it’d be very convenient to be able to offset one room by, say, -15mins and another room by +10mins relative to the sunset time.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for the feature request. I added it to the wish list for future development.

At the moment you could try creating this with the effects. Create an effect which triggers a scene after a delay and save it to the bridge. Then you could use that effect as a schedule action. This way you could create multiple effects with different delays to trigger scenes and use those for your different rooms.
(currently an effect needs two frames, so just add the same scene twice with a 1 sec delay in between for now)

How do you create an effect?
I’m also interested in delaying the Sunset time by +10 minutes. Has this feature been added yet?
Thank you.
—lynda

You can create an effect by opening a group, select the third tab (lightning icon), tap the + button.

You can delay the Sunset/Sunrise time for all schedules. In Hue Essentials go to the devices tab, select your bridge, tap Location. Here you can configure a time offset for all schedules.
If you would like to configure the offset for individual schedules, like asked in this topic, you would need to wait until it is added in Hue Essentials. It is still on the wish list.

1 Like

I’m also interested in setting a +30min delay for both sunrise and sunset time. I follow the instructions above but can only select my timezone (Amsterdam in my case) and that’s it. No plus or minus to be set in minutes or hours;

“In Hue Essentials go to the devices tab, select your bridge, tap Location. Here you can configure a time offset for all schedules.”

What do I miss and how to achieve this?

See the following screenshot how to set offset for all schedules:

In your case, you need to tap Location instead of Timezone. In the screenshot it is the third item behind the dialog.

Hi Thomas,

I have checked, if I can create a delay with effects, but it is not possible to switch a device on our off with an effect.

Can you post an example, how a delay can be made.

And why is the delay still not added?
With Alexa and near all other apps it is already working, but unfortunately not with Hue essentials.

Thanks & BR
Thomas

Hi

No update so far?
I have checked original Hue app and even there the offset can be defined for every timer separately.

No chance to add it here?

BR Thomas

Antwortet hier keiner auf Posts?

Komische Community

A post was split to a new topic: Random time option for wait action

Yes, indeed.
It should be possible to select the sunrise/sunset times and then add or subtract any number of minutes. Piece of cake.
I have worked for a company that built software… if I needed a change like this I went to the developer, said what I wanted and he added my wish in less than an hour. Then give or take a few days for checking and testing and the function was there.
How different this is with Hue and Hue additionals. I don’t know the reason for that.
Equally with fading.
In the previous Hue-1 app, fading worked everywhere without problems. Also programming any scene with any combination of lamps and reuse of lamps… it all worked flawlessly. How different and utterly difficult it is in the new Hue apps… it has been made way too complex.
So still after a few years, fading is still not possible in timers. How difficult can it be….to my idea…. 1 hour programming… not more…
Really astonishing.
Caroline

Oh… they do, but immensely slowly. Just like hue development, things that should cost an hour, take years.

It is now possible in Hue Essentials to add a wait action to an automation. That means you can create an automation which starts at sunset, wait for an hour, and then switches on a light. Please let me know whether this resolves your feature request.

Please also understand there are so many feature requests, and as a single developer I can just not implement all of them at once.

@knorkinator @lynda @Speedyconnalis @Thomas_Boehm @Caroline_Carol

Ils there a way to start before sunset ? Meaning a negative offset ?

@Stephane_Rondot Currently to solve this you would need to do one of the following:

• change offset on bridge to a lower negative value, so all of your automations only need to add wait actions.
  • add a wait action of about 23-24 hours, so the automation will wait until the next day, just before the sunset that day.

Maybe in the future this can be improved once Philips Hue releases documentation about their v2 API.

Hi Thomas,
Thank you for reaching out. Aploogies from my side for my slow reaction, there are too many things going on in my personal life.

The possibility of a wait action is certainly a very nice feature, with which we can control Hue lights better again.

Amazing that you are an only programmer in such an important world wide business.
I have been working with a software development firm, a small one, with assignments for the government, but they were capable to deliver very very quickly if there were feature requests.

By the way, I still am totally convinced, that most of what you need and more simple designed was available in the HUE-1 app. That app was so much straightforward and simple designed, that it would have been great to build further on that base.

Going to think of other nice features.

Cheers,
Caroline