Motion sensor not working after each update

Hi,
Every time the Hue Essentials app updates (which seems to be very regularly), the motion sensors stop working. To get them to work again I have to go to the app and switch the light off from there. The motion sensor works normally again after that.
Is there a way to fix this.
Thanks
Fabio

Hue Essentials app updates are unrelated to your motion sensors. The configuration of the motion sensors is saved on the bridge. If Hue Essentials updates, the configuration does not change unless you edit the motion sensor configuration manually.

Could it be that you switched on the light manually? That causes the motion sensor to think that it is day, so it will no longer switch on/off the light until it is dark again.

Could you reset the motion sensor in Hue essentials and set it up again using the wizard?

Hi Thomas,
I reset and reconfigured the motion sensor in Hue Essentials, however the same problem happened today.
The light stayed on all morning despite the fact that I had not turned it on manually.
I went back to Hue Essential and there was a pop up window saying the app had updated. Once I pressed ok into that pop up window the light turned off after 2 minutes.
Can you please check how could this be?
Thanks
Fabio

Hi,
Can I please have an answer on this. Let me know if you want me to send a video showing you when it happens. Considering the Hue Essentials app gets updated very regularly (weekly) this is really annoying.
Thanks for looking into it.
Fabio