More than two time periods for motion sensor?

I have a hue motion sensor controlling kitchen lights and the setup wizard gives me the standard daytime & nighttime behavior options. The UI suggests it would be possible to add further time slots, but the hue bridge does not seem to accept these. I’d like to set up three separate periods with different lights brightnesses. Is there a way to do this?

Once you have set up your motion sensor in Hue Essentials with the wizard, you should be able to add more time slots. There is a button “add time slot” on the motion tab. What happens when you tap that?

I can create a new slot, but after saving it the app informs that the hub (Philips) contains unsupported settings. I need to clear the programming. Remote connection at the moment, so can’t test further.

Confirmed the behavior: Once I press OK after setting the starting time of the new slot, the app displays an error stating the hub contains an unsupported setting and offers to clear the programming.

I have exactly the same issues. :confused:

Any solutions to this?

I’ve seen this too, but it doesn’t always happen. I have 2 motion sensors configured with 4 and 5 time periods and they work fine. What worked for me is starting the config with the earliest period after midnight, and after configuring first 2 add new time slot (3rd) with default values, then update its action, then add another time slot (4th), then update 3rd’s from and to (4th will be amended automatically), etc. Essentially always configure previous time slot’s action before adding a new one, when adding a new one add it with default period, and, if you still want to add another one, configure its time only after adding the new one. Not sure if it’s the best way to do it but worked for me so far.

Well, exactly the same problem here. Solution above didn’t work out either. Ended up configuring as multiple press instead.
Hopefully this can be fixed!

@Anders_H as you are talking about a switch instead of a motion sensor you are probably running into the following issue (with a workaround): Can't add more than 2 time periods for switches

Thank you Thomas, but I’m using a hue smart button. I’m try your tips though and see if it works.