- In Hue Essentials, first open a room/group/zone, and then go to the third tab ( lightning icon) at the top. Tap the + button to open the Effect Creator
- Select a storage location
- Keep the advanced settings on the defaults except for the following:
- Disable the setting Switch on lights when started
- Enable the setting Toggle light states in frames
- Tap the + button and select Palette
- Select one of the palettes
- Tap every light and switch off the toggle but leave one light on. This should be the first light in the sequence
- Tap the save button
- Repeat steps 4-7 for every light in the sequence
- Modify the delays in between the palette frames to your liking. For instance you can decrease the delay to only one second in between the frames
- Give the effect a name like “my running light”
- Tap the Save button at the top
- Now you can start the effect
Optionally you can start an effect that is saved on the bridge from a smart control.
For more information about the Effect Creator: How to use the Effect Creator?