Feature request TASMOTA

Hello,

are the any Plans to implement TASMOTA Devices (I know this ist no ZIGBEE thing)?

Cheers Frank

No answer yet, does it mean “no”?

Hi Frank,

I added the Tasmota devices to our wish list. They are a different type of device so support needs to be added for them in Hue Essentials. There are many requests for different types of devices, so it will take time. Thanks for the idea!

Regards,
Thomas

1 Like

Hello Thomas,

any Tasmota related progress?
Please give a hint :wink:

Cheers Frank

Hello Developers of HueEssentials,

another month has passed by.
What’s the current stand of development for supporting tasmota?

This time an aswer would be nice… :wink:

Cheers Frank

Hello Frank, I am really busy with adding other features at the moment. Adding support for Tasmota devices will take time, sorry. There are a lot of other (more popular) feature requests I still need to implement. Kind regards, Thomas

Hello Thomas,

not a big problem - but it was a bit strange not to receive an answer …
Anyway, you generally do a good job!
Keep it up (but don’t forget TASMOTA)

Frank

From Alexa - Tasmota

Couldn’t that be a lever 4 minimal support and basic usage?

Hue Bridge Emulation

For control of lights, color control (introduced in version 6.5.0.9), on/off, and dimming is supported. Enable Hue Bridge emulation and perform a device discovery in the Alexa app. No skill needs to be added to Alexa. Select Hue Bridge V1 as the device type.

Relays and lights with friendly names beginning with a dollar sign ( $ ) will cause Tasmota to not “announce” them (i.e., be hidden) to Alexa. If they were previously discovered, they will still continue to work. As there are only four friendly names provided in Tasmota, if FriendlyName4 begins with $ , component 4 and all higher numbered discoverable components will not be discovered by Alexa.

Yes, that would work. You need to connect your lights as separate “hue bridges” in Hue Essentials. I think you need to use the connect manually and enter the IP address of your light. The basic features like on/off should work in Hue Essentials, I tried this in the past. However, keep in mind, as these Tasmota lights are connected as separate “bridges” in Hue Essentials, you can not put them in the same group. The functionality is very limited and many features in Hue Essentials will not work as expected.

OK, that affords an Update (3,59€) to engage mutiple bridge support with expeted low comfort / functionality.

Actually I guess it isn’t worth time&money.
Waiting hopfully for better Implementation…

Cheers Frank

The Tasmota lights work for on/off fine in Hue essentials. Would be cool if we could combine lights of multiple bridges in groups then.