"Do nothing" at motion sensor

How to set “do nothing”, when there is movement, at the motion sensor like it is in Phillips Hue Application? I would like to have one time frame in the daytime which will not turn on the lights. If I leave the time frame with no action, it automatically will get the settings from the previous time frame and the lights will turn on (in my case). This behaviour is valid for Philips Hue White Ambiance Adore (mirror) + motion sensor. Thank you for your help!

In Hue Essentials, go to the devices tab, and select your motion sensor. Reset it using the wizard. Now on the Motion tab add an Activate scene action. Then tap Add condition, tap Time, and select the times you want to activate this scene. This will create two time frames, leave the other one empty as you want it to do nothing. Then go to the No motion tab and add a Dim & switch off action.

This should not be happening, please try the steps above. In case it still does not work as expected, please share a screenshot of your motion sensor configuration in Hue Essentials.

1 Like

Hello Thomas,

Thank you very much for your help! I finally found a problem. I had two independent light groups in the bathroom which I control using two independent motion sensors. I accidentally had the mirrow included in both light groups, this created the mentioned behaviour. I can confirm now, that if I leave the time frame with no action, it is like “do nothing” in Phillips Hue Application. Again, thank you!

1 Like

Great to hear you found the problem and it is working correctly now!