Default light state, time based

Hi,
I come to Hue Edsentials from another app I used to use to control my lights: All4Hue. I don’t regret anything about the switch, but I miss a fundamental, essential, mainly option (wich is possible with All4Hue, and is not with HueEssentials): the ability to set a default scene/brightness/colour, ecc… of a group, on a time (mainly) or other things (if it’s possible) based.

Just to clarify, with All4Hue I was able to write a rule into the bridge that says: when a light group is turned on, from 7 to 22, forget the last group state and load the scene “X”. Is it possible with HueEssentials?!

Come on guys! No way? :pensive:
PS: happy new year to all! :blush:

+1 … I am interested, too.

Seems interesting but I do not completely understand your use case. How are you turning on the group? If you are turning on the group in Hue Essentials, you should be able to just select a scene. If you would like to use a smart switch to switch on the group, you can already set different scenes based on time. Could you please explain your use case a bit more?

Sorry about the delay by the way, there are lots of emails at the end of the year.

Need something like this as well.
I Tried Hue Labs but it doesnt work well.

Where i need it for is, when i come downstairs when I press my Hue Switch/dimmer thingie I want energetic light so between 6-8am and during the night 6pm-12am i want bright for example if i press the same dimmer/switch

It is already possible to add time slots to a dimmer switch. Here is an example:

1 Like