Create custom Smart Scenes like Natural Light

Is it possible or is it in the plans to add the ability to create custom Smart Scenes (I see this is available in the v2 API). Something similar to the default “Natural Light” added in the official Philips Hue app.
I’m generally looking for a solution to allow me to use the app and wall switches to activate a scene based on the time of day. The mentioned Natural Light scene is not possible to activate via wall switches. On the other hand, the Hue Essentials app has time slots in the switch configuration, but this has nothing to do with controlling the lights from the app. The best solution would be to have time slots in a scene that I could activate with both the app and the button, but I don’t see that possible. I tried automation, but it also doesn’t work as it should, because at a certain time the lights turn on automatically, and they don’t change their settings “in the background” - maybe I’m missing an option. Has anyone tried to achieve a similar effect?

1 Like

Hi, did you find a solution for your problem? I am encountering the same issue.
Regards

Also interested in this. Just want a scene/effect/automation/whatever that I can turn on with a click of my remote, and depending on time of the day, will activate with different lighting.
When a new, preset time period begins, the lighting transitions to the next setting.
Exactly like Philips’ “Natural Light” feature.

It is quite an obvious feature (like, why most people invest in smart lighting systems, I can imagine), and while Hue Essentials has given me some quality of life stuff, this is honestly luring me back to Philips as I can’t have two apps competing for my single remote.

EDIT: An acceptable solution: Go to your Hue Essential settings for your remote. Add several automations to one button (I do Hold for On-button), with time conditionals. Set whatever scene you’d like for these time windows.
While Hue’s Natural Light is a self-contained scene-of-scenes, so to say, and can be activated from wherever, this solution can only be activated through the button you set up. Additionally, I haven’t checked to see how you can set up so it changes to the next light setting if the automation is active when the time goes over.
It’s acceptable, though it would be cleaner to copy Hue’s implementation of Natural Light as a ready-to-go solution.