Can't find bridge after triggered task by Tasker

Hey,

I’ve different Tasker tasks which should start different Hue scenes in different situations.
One of them is my comming home profil: as soon as my mobile phone has connected to my wifi, Tasker should send out a Wake-On-LAN request to my NAS and turn the Hue lights in my living room on.
WOL works fine, but Hue Essentials says that it can’t reach my bridge. When I execute the task manually erverything works fine.
That happens to different tasks where I would like to execute a scene triggered by Tasker.
Adding a waiting time before executing the scene task didn’t solved the issue.

The only difference between the triggered and the manual run of the task is, that the display of my mobile phone is off/on respectively locked/unlocked. Could this have to do with it? Any other good ideas?

My mobile phone is an Pixel 3 with Android 10 and the latest security patches.
Jas

2 Likes

Same here. I have a task for wake up with color lights, but I have the error “Can’t find the bridge”, and don’t work :sob:
I find a temporary solution: run the app Hue Essentials from Tasker before the line of the plugin, and work for me, but it would be nice if they fixed it.

1 Like

I tried this before, but that didn’t worked for me.

I’ve removed the app from the battery optimization two weeks ago and it looks like that this solved the issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the details, I will look into this.

Do I understand correctly that when the screen is on all works fine, but when the screen is off, it does not work?

It could be that doze mode is interfering with Hue Essentials and Tasker. That could explain why it started working for you when you removed the app from battery optimization.

@Zaran64 could you let me know what type of phone / Android version you are using as well? I am trying to find out whether this is a phone specific issue as I cannot reproduce it at the moment on a different phone.

Hey @Thomas
Yep, when screen is on, the task runs without any issue. As soon as the screen is off Hue Essentials says that it can’t reach my bridge.

Since I’ve disabled the battery optimization for Hue Essentials everything works as expected.
Thank you.
Jas

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I was finally able to reproduce the issue. It is indeed the doze mode which is preventing Hue Essentials making a network request.

The bug will be fixed in Hue Essentials version 1.14.5, which should be available in a few days. If you have the update, please re-enable the battery optimization (the default value) for Hue Essentials as it no longer needs to be disabled. Please let me know if all works fine after the update with battery optimization enabled.

This should also no longer be needed with version 1.14.5.

1 Like

I was only able to test it two times until now, but it seems the update solved the issue. :heart_eyes:
Works as expected now.

1 Like