Cannot add HUE Bridge to Hue essentials - Wrong IP address?

Hello all,

I have been trying to add my hue bridge that is not on the same network, to my hue essentials, and when i do a manual hue bridge add i keep getting an invalid ip address error.
Both networks are routed between them, and no firewall is present.

The ip addr that i am adding is 172.16.15.2, port 80

What am i missing? Is there a different format that the app is expecting me to input for the ip?
Also my hue essentials is running on an android tv - sony bravia

Thanks for your help

To make sure that your IP address is correct, please open the IP address in a web browser. If that device can access your Hue bridge, it should show a page about Philips Hue. Then Hue Essentials should work as well with that IP address. What happens when you open the IP in a web browser?

The format you mentioned is correct.

Are you able to control your Hue bridge from your phone when it is on the same network as your Android TV?

Hello Thomas,

The IP opens ok, with the HUE info:

HUE PERSONAL WIRELESS LIGHTING
Welcome to hue - your personal wireless lighting system. For more information please see our website www.philips-hue.com

Open Source
This product contains software licensed under an open source license. For acknowledgements and license texts, see below. Signify B.V. hereby offers to deliver, upon request, a copy of the complete corresponding source code for the copyrighted open source software packages used in this product for which such delivery is requested by the respective licenses. This offer is valid up to three years after purchase or software update to anyone in receipt of this information. To obtain source code, please send your request in English with product type to open.source.lighting@signify.com. If you prefer not to use email or if you do not receive confirmation receipt within 2 weeks after mailing to this email address, please write in English to “Signify Intellectual Property (HTC7), Attn: Open Source Team, P.O. Box 80020, 5600 JM Eindhoven, The Netherlands”. If you do not receive timely confirmation of your letter, please email to the email address above.

However when i put the IP in the app (android tv), it says invalid IP.
And yes, i can control the HUE bridge form my phone, on the same network as my TV.

Hello any news regarding this? I am still getting the invalid IP address. I’ve updated to the latest version of Hue Essentials.
I’ve purchased this and it does NOT WORK, and NO reply on how to solf this is being made, or is the developer interested in solving my issue.
I’ve tried on several android tv’s (with different android OS versions) and all have the same issue. If manually imputed the IP they get an invalid ip address.

Apologies for the delay, @xupetas.

The “Invalid IP address” message is shown when the format of the entered IP is incorrect. The IP address you mentioned in your first post is correct (172.16.15.2). I am not sure what could be going wrong on your Android TV. Could you let me know what keyboard language you are using? Would it be possible to share a screenshot of the IP address when entered on the TV?