Can you run Dance sensation on 2 entertainment areas (2 bridges) simultaneously?

I have more than 10 Hue lightsources in one room and I want to run Dance Sensation on all of them at the same time.

If I buy another bridge and divide the lightsources into 2 entertainment areas, can I then run Dance Sensation across both at the same time?

Yes that is possible. We recently updated the app with this functionality. It requires the multiple bridges package.

Excellent… Thank you very much for the quick reply. :slight_smile:

…And for the added functionality. :wink:

Hi Thomas, if I may be so bold I’d like to bury up this deceased thread to ask a followup question. I’ve been using Hue Essentials for years now and I love how it’s improving lately.

A year ago I moved, going from just one bridge with 20 entities to currently about 80 entities (close to 50 lights, many Signify dimmer switches, motion sensors etc. and recently starting to add more IoT).

I’m using two hue bridges to control the lights in the house and I’ve got a RPi4B with a Raspbee II running deConz to go and make things really interesting.

I too am limited by the max. 10 lights configuration (which I guess exists because of the quite limited Hue Bridge hardware). I fear that if I were to add another hue bridge to the mix, my 2.4gHz band might get too crowded. Even though Zigbee is different from WiFi, they’re all still in the 2.4gHz range and I’m running out of non-overlapping channels. I’ve also taken into account the meshing, making sure there’s always some powered device nearby switches and as close as another powered device as possible etc.

Still, even now I sometimes have switches acting up, lights not responding (intermittently - sometimes it’s fine for days). Apart from all that I have my own 2.4gHz (and 5, 5.1 and 5.2) WiFi networks, SonosNet, and random devices shouting out their WiFi - can’t always be disabled.

Sorry for the rant, but I felt like I needed to provide context.

Would it be wise to add another bridge to this mix, or are there alternative solutions? (today I saw you mention diyHue - never heard of that before. Any advice is welcome!

Since I’ve been using the app for so long, I could actually give you hours of feedback. I’m a project manager at VodafoneZiggo and quite used to analyzing and tinkering to get things right. If I can help you guys along by aligning my notes with the current issue list and providing some advice, just ask. :slight_smile:

My compliments for the app so far, it’s the best at what it does. Cheers and thanks!

1 Like