APP adding lights doubles each room, light, etc. on display

Hi,
I have a funny behaiviour. the app works ok, but when I add a light or change something in the APP, I get all lights, rooms, etc. doubled like in the attached picture.
I get rid of it only by removing and reinstalling the app.
Guess has something to do with my mobile, it is a: “MI 10T lite” with MIUI global 12.5.1 Androide version: 11 RKQ1.200826.002.

Has someone a cure for this ?

Thanks for your help and regards…

Thanks for the feedback. Could you please go to the devices screen (second tab on the bottom) and check if your bridge and lights appear there twice as well? Could you share a screenshot?

Hi,

Could you please go to the devices screen (second tab on the bottom) and check if your bridge and lights appear there twice as well?

Yes, but not the first time.

• When you open the APP it looks all normal

o Only two rooms, (I don’t remember if “Action” was a room or a group, guess a group).

o Only one connection to the bridge

o When you add another room/group it will not ask ”which bridge to use”

• when you go into a room it still looks normal

• then go back to the main-screen and all items on main-screen and device-screen are doubled, (as shown below).

It looks like the bridge is doubled to, then it will ask for the bridge to use, when you try to add another room/group.

• on the device-screen the behavior is different. I could not force the double-view when opened at first.

Looks like entering a room is the only point I can force double view.

Regards

Thanks for the additional information. I see that you are using diyHue, is that correct?

I think the reason that Hue Essentials shows your bridge/devices twice is because the diyHue bridge changed its bridge identifier. If you open one of the bridge on the devices screen, and go to Details, you can see the bridge Identifier. Please check both and I think you will see that they are different.

If they are different, then this is probably a diyHue issue. The bridge identifier should never change as that is what uniquely identifies the bridge (just like the mac address, which should also never change).

Hi,

I see that you are using diyHue, is that correct?
Yes this is correct.

I could not find a difference between the two bridges. Therefor I removed “Hue Essentials”, stopped and removed the hue-emulator and reinstalled it. After connected “Hue Essentials” again, added all lights, (I dont have so many yet :wink:

Now the problem is gone. Unfortunately I dont know what the cause was, maybe fiddled around to mutch :slight_smile: It was the first hue-emulator installation.

Seams solved now. Thanks for your help

Ok, great to hear it is working now. If you run into this issue again, please let me know.

Hi,
I had the issue several times now, but I can give you some further information: It happens only, when one, more, or all lights are physically switched OFF, and the Bridge is reachable.

I have some lights and all of them are behind a physical switch. So they are powerless when not needed. When they are powerless the issue will appear. When all are powered ON, (power only, not the lights), behaiviour is normal.

May this helps to reproduce the problem.