Android 13 Control from locked device

With Android 13 the Device Controls (formerly known as Power Menu introduced in Android 11) allows the usage without unlocking the phone. 9to5google article
Apps like google Home are already working but do not support hue scenes.
Thus I use hue essentials which is more customizable anyways.
But for Apps to support this feature they have to make use of the new isAuthRequired method.
XDA-Developers article about isAuthRequired method.

Is there any info or plan if and when this could be supported by hue essentials?

kind regards,
Lemmy

1 Like

Yes. It would be great to have this feature! I also wrote feedback in play store. Hope the developer will answer and implement this feature!

1 Like

Sounds good, I will look at enabling this when I start supporting Android 13. Should be in one of the next updates, which will be released in beta first.

1 Like

Device controls on the lock screen will be available in Hue Essentials version 1.30.1, which should be available within a few days. It will be available in beta first, and is currently awaiting Google review.

Let me know what you think about it, or if you notice any other incompatibilities in the app with Android 13.

2 Likes

APKs are now available on apkmirror.com if you don’t want to wait.

Apologies for the delay everyone. It seems Google is not that fast with reviewing app updates at the moment. The update is still awaiting review. As always, the latest APKs are available on APKMirror.

Now available in the latest version of Hue Essentials.