Can you configure an IKEA TRÅDFRI motion sensor on a Philips Hue bridge?

Hi guys, fairly new here but I’ve got this question for a while now.

So I’ve got a couple of hue lamps in the living room all connected to the hub.
Now I’ve bought some new lamps for the bedroom and I want to instal a sensor so that when I go out of bed the lights will go automaticly.

My question now is, will hue lamps work with just the tradfri ikea sensor. And is it easy to set up automation via the hue app or is there another 3th party I need to use?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Kind regards,

Anthony.

An IKEA TRÅDFRI motion sensor will work on a Hue bridge. Check out the following video how to connect it:

More details in the following topic: How to connect IKEA TRÅDFRI smart controls to a Philips Hue bridge?

Keep in mind that the IKEA motion sensor cannot be configured at all. It is not visible in any hue app when connected to the Hue bridge. So you cannot change the light colours, times, daylight sensitivity, etc. It is very limited.

A much better solution would be the Hue motion sensor. It supports many more options because it can customised to do anything you want.

Hi Thomas, thanks for the reply.
I’ve been searching for a straight forward answer like yours.
My concern was if I could configure the tradfri just the same as the hue sensor. And now I know what to buy!

Thanks!

I followed the video, but the motion sensor does not pair with the Hue bridge

Did exactly what was in the tutorial. I have a Hue Birge, it the sensor seems to connect to he bridge and then to the light but then when I try to find the light the apps finds nothing. Should the light be already paired or not? (I tried both btw, neither of them worked)