Motion sensor "No Motion" doesn't activate scene

Hi there,
When i configure the Motion action on my Hue Motion Sensor, it activates the chosen scene correctly (with the action “Activate scene”). Of course i also configured a No Motion action, but after the set time (also tried different times), this scene is not activated (or the action is not executed). Also the action “Return to previous state” isn’t working.
When i chose action “Dim&switch off” it works oké.

At first i thought of a malfunction of the sensor itself, but the same functionality configured with the Hue app works fine.
I tried to reset the sensor via the wizard, no luck.

Using Hue Essentials 1.9.3 on Android 10 (Oneplus 7 Pro)

Hi,
thanks for the bug report. Version 1.9.3 of Hue Essentials (Android) received many fixes for the motion sensor so I really appreciate the feedback.

I was able to reproduce your issue with the Return to previous state action not working in some situations. I will update Hue Essentials to 1.9.4 with a fix. It could take a few hours/days before this update is approved by Google. After updating the app, please reset your motion sensor using the wizard button, and then configure it again.

If the issue is still there in the new update, please let me know every step your took after the resetting the motion sensor. (so what condition/actions you added in which order)

Hi Thomas, thanks for responding and i’m glad you could reproduce it.
I will let you know if the fix in version 1.9.4 solves the problem!

Okay here it comes:

• Motion Sensor reset with the wizard
  • on MOTION tab: “add action” > “Activate scene” > group “Achtergevel” > scene “Hoog”
  • on NO MOTION tab: “add action” > “Activate scene” > group “Achtergevel”> “Rerun to previous state”
    Tested above and voila, this works! So this one is solved.

But is also want to be able to activate a scene on NO MOTION.
So, WITHOUT resetting the Motion Sensor:

• on MOTION tab: made no change
  • on NO MOTION tab: deleted the action “Rerun to previous state”
  • on NO MOTION tab: “add action”> “Activate scene”> group “Achtergevel”> scene “Laag”
    Tested and unfortunately, scene “Laag” was NOT activated after set time.
    However, a strange action spontaneously appeared on the MOTION tab: see screenshot.

Then:

• Motion Sensor reset with the wizard
  • on MOTION tab: “add action” > “Activate scene” > group “Achtergevel” > scene “Hoog”
  • on NO MOTION tab: “add action” > “Activate scene” > group “Achtergevel” > scene “Laag”
    Tested: scene “Laag” was NOT activated after set time.
    However, the strange action did NOT appear on the MOTION tab now

Hope is makes sense…

1 Like

Thank you very much for the details! I updated Hue Essentials to version 1.9.6 (Android) with a fix. Please reset the motion sensor through the wizard and set it up again. Could you let me know if all is fine now?

Hi Thomas,
No problem, glad i can help! Gonna try it tonight and i will let you know.

Tested just now with version 1.9.6: start a scene after NO MOTION time works like it should now.

Thanks for the fix :+1:t2:

1 Like