Gradient lightstrip not working anymore

Hi,

After updating the bridge with the update of the 21st the gradient strip doesnt work anymore. Anyone else have this problem?

3 Likes

Yes i have the same problem… On my PC with Hue sync work everything fine… What is the problem guys?!:frowning:

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this issue. Philips Hue changed their API in the latest bridge update for the gradient lightstrip which broke Hue Essentials. I am working on a fix.

3 Likes

Good to know. I bought a Gradient today and was wondering if im to stupid to got it working-.
Hope for a fast fix so i can test that hot shit :wink:

2 Likes

Mine stopped working today. Guess my bridge got updated last night. Hopefully a fix is incoming.

The gradient lightstrip will be fixed in Hue Essentials version 1.22.0 for Android and version 1.16.0 for iOS. The update is currently rolling out to Google Play beta and Apple TestFlight users. It will be available for all users soon.

Got the new beta (v4) but gradient still not working.
The app say it syncs but colors not changing.

Thanks for the feedback @Spegeli

Could you please share your crash identifier? See: Crash identifier

What API version does your bridge have? In Hue Essentials, go to the devices tab, select your bridge, tap Details, and you should see the API version.

Could you also please check if your bridge and gradient strip are both updated to the latest version?

Identifier on Smartphone: d21b56d6-c29c-4ab6-bd7d-bc81f39f6c1e
On my Nvidia Shield I can’t find the Identifier.

Gradient FW: 1.72.4
Bridge FW: 1.45.1945091050
Bridge API: 1.44.0

No FW Updates available.

Yeah I got the new update for Nvidia Shield and it still doesn’t work.

Gradient strip FW: 1.72.4
Bridge FW: 1.45.1945091050

Thanks for the details, I am looking into it.

A new version is available with a fix. Version 1.22.0 on Android and 1.16.0 (8) on iOS. Currently available in beta and is rolling out to all users in the next few days.

It’s fixed, y’all are awesome. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Can confirm, works now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t got the update yet, is there a way to force install or deop the beta in on my Nvidia Shield?

You can sign up for the beta here: Join the beta - Try new features before they are officially released

You can also download the latest version from APKMirror:

Phone/tablet: Hue Essentials APKs - APKMirror
Android TV: Hue Essentials APKs - APKMirror
Wear OS: Hue Essentials APKs - APKMirror

Hi @Thomas, I am sorry to ask, but could you please share the new message format? What has been changed in the Philips Entertainment API regarding the Gradient light strip, please? I would like to ask you to share the technical information. I try to fix the same issue in my project (Hue Lights for Linux Gnome). I understand it is a bit off-topic to ask here for technical information, and I am sorry for that. I searched the Internet without any luck. I can not find the change/new msg format and I can not discover it by myself either. Unfortunately, the official documentation is a bit old as you probably know. Thank you even for reading.

In case of helping me, here is the old msg format for copy-paste and sparing your time.

{
‘H’, ‘u’, ‘e’, ‘S’, ‘t’, ‘r’, ‘e’, ‘a’, ‘m’, //protocol
0x01, 0x00, //version 1.0
0x00, //sequence number  - currently ignored
0x00, 0x00, //Reserved write 0’s
0x00, //color mode RGB
0x00, // Reserved, write 0’s
0x01, 0x00, 0x00, //gradient light strip segment 0
0xff, 0xff, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, //red
0x01, 0x00, 0x01, //gradient light strip segment 1
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xff, 0xff //blue
0x01, 0x00, 0x02, //gradient light strip segment 2
etc....
0x01, 0x00, 0x06, //gradient light strip segment 6
0xff, 0xff, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, //red
}

Anyway, thank you for your app. I enjoy it on my phone and watch.
Vaclav

@Thomas

One more thing. It seems to me the brightness of the gradient strip is not high enough. When I look at content via sync vs having it on max power “normally”, there’s quite a big gap. Any idea if you can solve it or maybe there’s something I can do on my end?

Thanks!