Sync (Entertainment) on your phone or Android TV

Is it work with Dune MediaPlayers? E.g Dune Real Vision 4K? - that is also an android base media player.

Same problem on sony tv with kodi 4k hdr is lagging,only sdr is working.
And there is no cure for this problem…

Nice but hdr 4k wont run whitout hardware acceleration…

Hello
I have beelink gt king Android tv box
I have hue essentials premium
Philips lights

I can’t sync with videos. In any app (YouTube. Kodi) and also if I watch my own videos, when they start. The light go off

How can I fix it ? Thank you

Starting sync from within the app never fails, but starting sync using a Tasker command most of the time fails to start the sync. The sync never starts and the lightstrip turns off. I have to then manually go to the Hue Essentials app and start sync from there.
Can I check what Hue Essentials is doing in the background when trying to start a sync from a Tasker command?

@Archimedes Sync not working from Tasker is a known issue which has been fixed in version 1.23.0. The update should be available on the Google Play Store now. See also: Starting Sync from Tasker does not work. Please let me know if this update works for you.

2 Likes

Hello Thomas and thanks for this great app.

It works pretty well but I have a strange issue. After I start the sync from within the app, the lights are syncing fine, until a point where they turn bright white, then the sync has stopped by itself without apparent reason. I am on nVidia TV Shield 2019 (tube, non pro). I can start the sync again and works for some minutes until it stops. I have purchased the premium version so its not the demo limitation. Is this something you know about? Thanks again.

Hello again. The change last year had worked, but since a few versions there is a new problem with the LED strip.

Since you changed how to arrange the lamps in the room, the lack of HUE and SAT as parameters is criticized. Lamps that work with XY as a parameter can not be moved and therefore you can not create an area. As I said, last year the creation of an entertainment area still worked (you could see the room in the top view at that time).

Can you please fix this again?
Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @Thomas. In case you haven’t seen my post above this one. The described bug also occurs with the Windows version.

1 Like

Thanks @steff75 for the feedback. It will be fixed in the next update for all platforms, sorry missed your message.

As a workaround, you should be able to ignore the error (it will keep popping up though) and keep moving the light, and you can still save the entertainment area. All should still work fine.

1 Like

Fixed in Windows update 1.0.2 which is now available on the store.

1 Like

Thanks for the support, @Thomas :+1: .
Now I have Premium on Google, Amazon and the Windows version :smiley:.

2 Likes

Thanks you so much! If you have any feedback or questions about the Sync (or other stuff in the Windows app), please let me know.

2 Likes

Hello,

I recently discovered this app to be used on my Nvidia shield pro.
Lifx lights and beam are detects and they do sync very good following the video, but they constantly change brightness so fast that are kinda strobo lights.

Anyone else has this problem?
More then that is all good and I was about to purchase the app.

Many thanks

You can adjust the intensity on the Sync screen. Move the slider to the left and the brightness changes will be slower. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the reply Thomas.
I tried to set to the minimum, but still flickers. I do think that’s the intended behaviour tho, not really something wrong.

It’s not having a “smoot” transition for the brightness, so even at the lowest settings it seems flashing quite a bit, distracting during a movie for example. I can record a video to explain better what i mean. :slight_smile:

Is it possible to trigger sync for tv (running on a shield pro) using the iOS app or a hue dimmer switch?

I have the same problem as @Jacopo_Volpin — no matter the intensity, the flickering exists and is not the same behaviour if used with the sync box. I tried so many things to figure out why this might be happening. I am using a Play Gradient Strip (latest version) and bought the app specifically to use the sync functionality with my Shield Pro. Is there any way I can help you track down this issue?

Managed to upload a sample video — here you go:

Link to video

You can see that at high intensity the flickering/strobing effect is at its worst — but does not completely disappear when at lowest intensity.

Hi,

I’ve paid for “Entertaiment” upgrade on my android phone, then I have installed app on android TV, but I can’t use Entertaiment there (only 30 sec demo). It asks me for an upgrade. When I go to upgrade menu on Android TV i can’t see option to buy only Entertaiment package. What shoul I do?