Ambilight sync function (in programming)

Hi there ! :+1:

Do you know if there’s a possibility to activate a sync from the app ? (In programming).
I have a box from Philips (Philips Hue Play HDMI Sync Box).

I looked everywhere, and a priori not.

Maybe you have a trick, or a roundabout way ?

I managed to deactivate the sync with the functions offered on the programming of a V2 dimmer switch, or a smart button.

I would like to be able to do the opposite.

As you may know, it’s necessary to deactivate the synchronization of the lamps, before being able to control them manually (Switch dimmer, or smart button).

When I’m in this situation, I use a button shortcut that I made with the Philips app (Hue Sync), but it’s a shortcut through an infrared remote control.

I would like to stop doing like that, and go through my smart button.

Thank you in advance for your help / participation :wink:
Good day to all ! :handshake:

BenJ

Hi there ! :raised_back_of_hand:

Lots of views, but no answer, too bad.

Do you know if it’s possible to program a voice command (Alexa), in an action on a button (Hue environment) ? :thinking:

→ It would be the solution to program the order : “Start to synchronize my lights".

Thank you in advance, and good day ! :handshake:
BenJ

After some research, I think I’ll take the trail of “Flic 2 Smart button”.
This will allow me to program the resynchronization instruction to restart the Ambilight :sunglasses:

BenJ

I received an email from support (from Thomas), telling me that this function had been put in the road map (to do list).

By dint of asking the question, he probably cracked up :slight_smile:

Good day ! :raised_back_of_hand:

Hello Thomas,
Best wishes for this New Year ! :partying_face:

Do you please have a road map to communicate for this function to be able to resynchronize after stopping the entertainment ?

Thanks in advance ! :raised_hand:

Hi there,

I come back here, I feel very alone, no one participates.
Too bad…

Thomas didn’t give me a roadmap, I don’t know anything, nobody takes the subject, or is interested in it.

It’s good, I managed on my own in a roundabout way ! :+1:

I finally managed to manage the Ambilight ON / OFF, especially ON, from my Hue smarts buttons, and Hue dimmers.

Good day for those who will see this message :raised_back_of_hand:

1 Like

Hi there,

Thanks for the following on this topic.
I feel concerned because i’ve the exact same issue.

i would like to be able to go from the sync function to another scenario without going through the TV APP and manual sync/desync.

here is my configuration :

TV philipps ambilight OLED 65"
2 wall up/DOWN philipps HUE
1 Ceiling light UP/DOWN

thanks in advance for answers !

1 Like

Hi, I am also interested in the feature, but have not purchased the app yet.

I wanted to know if it was able to synchronize the lights around a philips ambilight television with the TV’s native apps, for example netflix or prime.

I also wanted to know if it was possible to turn this feature on and off with voice commands, such as through alexa.

Thank you very much for your help

Hello to both of you,

Since my numerous messages on this subject, here, and also to the developer Thomas whom I was able to follow up several times by email, there have been some new developments.

First of all, I don’t know if you were able to look at this point, but for me, who is in France, I was able to benefit from new features through Amazon Alexa, with Matter, to be able to program an Alexa synchronization start instruction, from my Philips Hue smart buttons.

This is already a first possibility, which works on my side.

Synchronization is done with a button, that’s already good.
The stop is made on another, but as you know, from Hue Essentials. I talked about it above.

To date, I hope that the possibilities of Matter will allow us to be able to multiply the actions on a single button (through Amazon Alexa).

For the past few months, I don’t know if you’ve seen, but on Hue Essentials, it is now possible to schedule an Ambilight synchronization to start.

That was the whole point of this request here to Thomas, the developer, but also my numerous attempts by email to ask him the same thing all the time.

In my case, I have a Hue Sync Box.
In both of your cases, I understand it’s different.

That’s right ?

In this specific case, I would also be curious to know if it is possible, and if so how.
In my head, I don’t see how the instruction can reach your television.

Maybe the start of the sync is transmitted to the bridge ?
I don’t really know the “Hue+Ambilight” connection of Philips Ambilight televisions very well.

We can stay in touch if you’d like, but just to make sure I understand, you don’t have a Hue Sync Box, right ?

Excellent end of the day (almost 8:00 p.m. here in France).
BenJ

1 Like

Hello and thank you for your reply!

First of all, I don’t know if you were able to look at this point, but for me, who is in France, I was able to benefit from new features through Amazon Alexa, with Matter, to be able to program an Alexa synchronization start instruction, from my Philips Hue smart buttons.

This is exactly what I would like to do, to be able to turn synchronisation on and off without having to go into the app.
Unfortunately I’ve tried doing what you wrote but I don’t understand how to do it!
Could you please explain to me where to find these options?

For the past few months, I don’t know if you’ve seen, but on Hue Essentials, it is now possible to schedule an Ambilight synchronization to start.

I could not find this function. I have the ‘Hue Essetials’ app on my TV, an android tv.
My mobile phone is an iphone and I do not have the same account as the android tv. Should I do everything from the TV maybe?

In my case, I have a Hue Sync Box.
In both of your cases, I understand it’s different.

I have:
1 Philips ambilight television with ‘Hue Essetials’ app
1 Hue hub with connected lights

Thank you and have a nice day